We are excited to share with you the exciting line-up of speakers and talks for the 2nd annual Suricata user conference – SuriCon – November in Washington, DC!
Day 1: Wednesday, November 9
- Keynote Speaker – Ron Gula, former COB of Tenable Network Security
- Suricata Today – Victor Julien, Founder and OISF Core Team
- Hyperscan in Suricata: State of the Union – Geoff Langdale, Intel
- Suricata and Security Onion: Making Adversaries Cry since 2010 – Doug Burks, Security Onion
- Sharing information and providing feedback using MISP Sharing – Andras Iklody, CIRCL
- CYMSA – Seth Walters, GTRI
- Making Software Training Easier for Suricata and Nearly Everyone Else – Jon Schipp, Komand and Draconyx
- Implementing eBPF – Eric Leblond, Stamus and OISF Core Team
- BYOI for ICS: Why it’s important to mind your P’s and Q’s in the Alphabet Soup of Data Security – Gene Stevens, ProtectWise
- The Suricata Rule Writing Guide for The Snort Expert – David Wharton, SecureWorks
- Rule Writing Rock Star – Will Metcalf, Proofpoint and OISF Founder
- Special Evening Event Sponsored by Telesoft – details coming!
Day 2: Thursday, November 10
- Keynote Speaker – Liam Randall Capital One
- State of OISF – Kelley Misata, OISF Core Team
- Actively monitoring passive sensors/stop unplugging my taps! – Darren Spruell and James Pledger, RiskIQ
- Reality based Suricata – Michal Purzynski, Mozilla
- Suricata File Extraction API – Zach Rasmor, Lockheed Martin
- Selks – Eric Leblond and Peter Manev, Stamus and OISF Core Team
- Building a Better RAT Trap: Weaponizing Open Source Software in thHunt for the APT – Cooper Nelson, University of California San Diego
- Suricata QA – Victor Julien, Founder and OISF Core Team and Peter Manev, Stamus and OISF Core Team
- Lightning Talks (Sign ups will be at SuriCon)
Day 3: Friday, November 11
Suricata Development Roadmap Community Brainstorm Session
OISF Development Team and YOU!
For speaker details or talk abstracts visit suricon.net.
Register TODAY! Space is limited!
For your $150 general admissions ticket you will receive:
- Admission to all three days of the conference;
- Coffee breaks and lunch each day;
- Admission to the Special Evening Event hosted by Telesoft;
- Limited Edition SuriCon T-shirt;
- AND the opportunity to be a part of this amazing community and talk with the OISF developers of Suricata one on one!
All net proceeds from SuriCon and all OISF training events go directly to funding Suricata’s development and OISF’s mission to supporting open source security technologies. OISF is a 501c(3) US non-profit organization. For questions about SuriCon or about becoming a member of OISF, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.