Position: Full-Time OISF Employee
Hours: 40 hours per week – Monday thru Friday or as needed
Reporting to OISF’s Board of Directors, the President will oversee all day-to-day management and operations of OISF. This is an executive level role within OISF that is responsible for ensuring OISF’s mission, team, consortium, and community members thrive. This position requires an innovative, self-directed leader experienced in managing a nonprofit organization and familiar with open source development and communities. The President may also be tasked with working with OISF’s board of directors, development leadership, and others to improve OISF operational efficiency and quality while identifying steps to implement them.
This leadership position requires taking the initiative, developing strategies, and action plans to promote OISF or Suricata or to make operations, SuriCon, and other events more efficient and cost-effective.
● Oversee and manage all operations of OISF.
● Expanding consortium memberships and opportunities for income.
● OISF board management including reporting, strategic planning, and meeting coordination.
● Engage with the OISF team, consortium members, and community at large positively and professionally.
● Manage all human resource functions.
● Oversee operational support vendors such as payroll, bookkeeping, and tax-preparation.
● Manage and oversee OISF’s Deputy Director.
● Provide leadership support over Suricata’s annual user conference (SuriCon).
● Develop policies and procedures for improving OISF’s daily operations and communication.
● Support new initiatives as needed for both OISF and Suricata.
● Executive leadership experience ideally in a nonprofit or information security area.
● Experience managing and leading a multicultural international team.
● Professional and mature approach to independent tasks and remote working.
● Familiarity with information security concepts, Suricata, and open source communities.
● Excellent understanding of budgeting and forecasting.
● Proven writing skills in general business (email), online chat rooms, and marketing and media channels.
● Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
● Understanding of effective organization and communication methodologies and tools.
● Strong knowledge of project management concepts and techniques.
● Able to identify, analyze, and solve problems in collaboration with team members.
● Proven success working in a high-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
● Strong and time management skills even when it falls outside standard business hours.
● Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making abilities.
● Willingness to keep abreast of new technologies akin to Suricata and open source communities.
● Able to travel – international and domestic.
How to apply
There are several ways to apply. You can send us your resume. Make sure to include FOSS experience (if any) and also specify what you are looking for in this work. Send your email to email@example.com, or reach out to us through our Contact form.
You can also join the community as a volunteer contributor first. Start helping out in the community, with documentation, bugs, feature development, etc. Please let the team know you’re willing to join, so that we can help you with feedback and guidance on those tasks.